Jefferson County Webboard
March 28, 2024, 04:07:46 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: www.thekevinreport.com

Home Help Search Gallery Links Staff List Login Register  

TWC digital move.

Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: TWC digital move.  (Read 491 times)
kurthyn

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2016, 11:56:43 pm »

From what I can find out, when TWC switches to all digital in June, I'll need a digital box even for basic cable. It looks like I'll permanently cut the cord then. I have plenty to watch on Roku with Netflix, Hulu, and Sling TV.

TWC won't support their app on Roku for basic cable. So I'll just find a good HD antenna and be done with TWC then. Hell on Sling TV I can get both ESPNs, AMC, both History Channels, CNN and more. I get Showtime via Hulu and watch network shows the day after there and don't need a DVR to access them anyday of the week after airtime.

The digital box is going to be free for a year and after that they're going to rip customers off for a $3.25/mo rental fee. Just another greedy money grab imo.
Report Spam   Logged

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter

Bondo

Progressives Suck

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 09:36:03 am »

The digital box is going to be free for a year and after that they're going to rip customers off for a $3.25/mo rental fee. Just another greedy money grab imo.

Ayuh,....    I completely agree, yer Right,.....

Just another add on to grab more of our money,....

On the bright side, the FCC is gonna make it so you can buy yer own box, 'n not have to rent it from the cable companies,....

After payin' TWC almost $200. a month for years, I dumped 'em last summer,...
I also went to the $15.99 a month internet, which they said wouldn't work for me,....

Surprise,...   I'm more than Happy at $23. a month for the service, 'n can barely tell the difference,....
My guess is, I wasn't gettin' full signal speeds from the High dollar hook up, anyways,....
Report Spam   Logged

Have a nice day,.....     Trump in 2024,......   2028,.....   2032,....
kurthyn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 04:20:12 pm »

On the bright side, the FCC is gonna make it so you can buy yer own box, 'n not have to rent it from the cable companies,....

I was wondering if that was going to be possible. I'm still going to dump their ass. I'm close to a DSL station and have great internet.
Report Spam   Logged
Bondo

Progressives Suck

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 12:45:04 pm »

Ayuh,...    Does anybody know what's available over air, through rabbit ears for local channels,..??

I'd guess channel 7 is on channel 7,...

How 'bout WPBS,..??  16 or 18 or Huh
How 'bout Canunk channels,..??  11,..??  13..??
Report Spam   Logged

Have a nice day,.....     Trump in 2024,......   2028,.....   2032,....
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: